Ads by Nuffnang

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Excited to sing again!

The participants for our office Christmas Party in December were emailed the lineup of songs this morning. I got thrilled seeing my name in the email. Not that I only knew this morning that I'm going to sing, but I got thrilled when I saw who's going to sing what, the solo assignments even if they're still temporary, and the songs we're going to sing.

It's going to be Glee-themed Christmas Party, so, of course, we're going to sing Glee songs. I remember my officemate, Steph, and I auditioning for the intermission number. We prepared a duet, which is not even a Glee song (and we kinda insisted that we're going to sing since it's what we have prepared). Haha! Then, we were asked to sing individually any song we like. Steph sang Defying Gravity, and I sang my all-time favorite, Someone To Watch Over Me. After we sang, one of the "judges" said, "Very nice." It was enough to make me smile all day. :)

Not that my voice is impeccable like Lea Michele's. But I really love to sing. Bursting into song is like second nature to me. Plus, the last time I sang was during my last year in college (minus singing-in-the-shower sessions of course) when I was part of my organization's (UP ICTUS) choir.

Speaking of the choir, here's a photo of the choir taken in December 2008 during one of our caroling nights:

At Nikka Munion's House


Ooooh memories... :) I wonder how the ICTUS Choir is doing now. It's that time of the year again, when in a few weeks, they'll go caroling again to raise funds for the kids and scholars. I want to hear them sing again (but they don't have to go all the way to my house because of the heavy traffic). I just want to visit our tambayan, and leisurely listen to their voices. Maybe during the homecoming? Why not? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment