Ads by Nuffnang

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year That Was: Highlights and Learnings

As the year comes to a close, I look back on the things that happened to me this year. To quote my boss, 2010 was my year. I roared in this year of the tiger. A lot of good things happened. A lot of blessings. Sometimes, I stop to think if I really deserved them all. Was I worthy of all those? No one can answer that but He who gave all those to me. And for that, I'll forever be thankful.

This 2010, I:

1. Fell in love and was loved in return, even more than I expected.
2. Got promoted from editorial assistant to staff writer.
3. Got to travel to new places. I experienced my first plane ride, been to a place out of Luzon, and out of the country (Hong Kong! Yeah!).
4. Engaged in a sport and met new friends.
5. Got introduced to my boyfriend's family and felt thankful and happy to be accepted.
6. Wrote new poems and found people who appreciate them through this blog.
7. Experienced being a "recording artist" (hahaha!) when we recorded songs for our office Christmas Party, and got to know and make friends with quite a lot of my officemates.
8. Got a medal because our team won third place in last summer's Heads Up Summer Clinic.
9. Had a sweet and unforgettable birthday.
10. Was genuinely happy.

I wanted to always be positive and attract good vibes, and that's just what I did! Now, I realize that if I would always welcome each day with a smile on my face, the world would always smile back. That if I would let go of my emotional baggage, my hands would be free to carry better ones. That if I continue to trust and have faith in Him, there would always be beautiful days ahead.

And with this, I can say that my song for 2010 is I've Had The Time of My Life. Because, yes, in 2010, I felt that way, and I'm positive that it's a start of wonderful years of loving, living, smiling, and being happy.







And one more thing about my 2010. If I were to describe it, aside from the words I've said above, I would use a line from Katy Perry's Teenage Dream - no regrets, just love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment