Ads by Nuffnang

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Good news


I am happy to announce that I am being weaned off my medicines. Last January, Dr. G reduced my dosage of Lamotrigine (anticonvulsant) to 100mg from 150mg, and retained the rest. This morning, when I saw her again, she lowered my dosage of Quetiapine (antipsychotic) to 150mg from 300mg.

I am elated and thankful at the same time. At the start of this year, I set a goal for myself--that I want at least one of my three medicines to be taken off completely. With the way things are going, perhaps I would be left with only one medicine to take.

It helped that a lot of good things happened to me ever since the year started. I found a new job. I already finished the first draft of my novel. I am working on another book project with a fellow writer. And the biggest news of all: My boyfriend and I are already getting married! Hooray! I have waited, at times quite impatiently, for the moment when he would propose. And he finally did! He asked me to marry him during our Baguio trip two weeks ago. I said yes, and ever since that moment, it has been all sunshine and no gray clouds for me.

Now, I am busy with wedding preparations. My sister and my cousins are helping me out. I have already booked the church, the priest (who happens to be my uncle), a makeup artist, a photographer-videographer, and my designer-friend who will make my wedding dress. My fiance have already bought our wedding rings, too. Everything is falling into place.

I can't believe this is happening. That my dark days are over. Yes, there would still be dark days ahead, but I am now stronger and more equipped in dealing with those. I am now able to evaluate my negative thoughts using all the exercises Dr. G taught me during our sessions. Negative thoughts no longer consume me like they did before. They no longer pull me into a downward spiral. Thoughts of Z no longer put me in a dark place. And besides, the ring is on my finger and not on hers.

With my meds already being tapered little by little, I can now breathe as far as my finances are concerned. I'll be buying fewer tablets, which will be easier on my pocket. I can now set aside more money to cover my share of the wedding expenses. I am also thankful that my relatives, especially my aunts and uncles in the U.S., are willing to help me out should I run short on cash. God really does provide.

Now, I am looking forward to a lot of things, such as our wedding, my novel getting published online (and hopefully in print), finishing the book I am working on with a fellow writer, and other exciting projects. A friend of mine once told me that 2017 is going to be my year. With the way things are going, I believe he is right.


No comments:

Post a Comment