Ads by Nuffnang

Friday, September 11, 2015

The big move

It's been months since I last posted, and it's been quite a long time since I shared something personal. I'm happy to say that in the middle of all the things I need to do, I found some time to sit down and write on this blog again. I even found time to do a little redesign and change the header (and eventually, I plan to change the look) of this blog. 

Why the change? 

Well, a lot of changes came to visit, and I let them all in. I joined a new choir last February, and I've been singing with them since. I'm adjusting to the sound and catching up on the group's repertoire, but I'm happy to be learning. Yes, it's a lot of pressure on me--on us newbies--and sometimes I pause to breathe and reset. But I'm happy. 

I've also found love after my previous relationship ended last year. This is one thing I'm really excited about, and I'm more than happy to embrace it. I thank God for giving him to me. Just as I was praying for healing and stability, He gave me a doctor who embraced my entire broken self. A literal doctor. I couldn't thank Him enough for this gift of love. I'm praying that the two of us work out, so that we'll be able to spend the rest of our lives together. 

And finally, the biggest change I welcomed is, I would say, moving out of our family home and staying at a rented space close to my office. I'm actually bed spacing in a room I share with three other girls, and in a three-story townhouse we share with 20 other bed spacers. Traffic in Metro Manila has gone from terrible to even more terrible and monstrous, and I cannot take it anymore. I deemed it wiser and more practical to rent a bed space so I would no longer waste time waiting for trains that would never come or riding buses or cabs that move inch by inch along EDSA. And how I wanted to cry tears of joy when I experienced getting home from work in just 15 minutes--a far cry from my two- to three-hour commute. 

These are all big moves: joining a new group, finding love, and moving out. These entail adjustments in routine until they are all incorporated in a new routine. And these, I believe, are changes that will help me grow and mature not just in the learning-lessons-and-being-wiser sense, but in a way that will push me out of my comfort zone. Yes, maybe this is the time that I can really say to myself that I'm ready to move out of my comfort zone. I'm turning 27 in October, and some of you might say, "You only thought of doing that now?!" But as they say, better late than never. I'm turning 27, and I'm ready to push myself out of my comfort zone, to challenge myself intellectually and creatively, and to embrace the next big move. 

Wish me luck. :)

P.S. I'm still going to tweak some parts of this blog and change the look. I want it to reflect who I am now.  I've changed my blog header (I hope you find it decent enough, if not nice hehe). I'll improve the look of my blog little by little, but for now, the new blog header will suffice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment