Ads by Nuffnang

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Seven Links

Because I was tagged by Leah of Leah's Treasures, I am participating in the 7 Links Project. I'll be sharing with you my old entries which fit the categories given in the said project. Sounds interesting? Here they are:

My Most Beautiful Post: Deceit (March 20, 2011)
Is it really for me to decide what is my most beautiful post? I can't really choose because I think it's you, my dear readers, who should decide, but I picked this one because it garnered the most number of comments among the poems I have written, and I love, love, love poetry (and I thank all of you for being supportive of my poetry-writing).

Based on my blog statistics, this entry has the most number of page views. I'm actually surprised because I posted it out of nostalgia. I used to draw when I was a kid. I'm not really good at it, and the drawing part isn't really what I'm after, but the coloring part. I love, love, love colors, and I love seeing them blend and mingle with one another. I probably have a raw talent for the visual arts; I just chose other skills develop. Hence, it got buried beneath other interests. :)

My Most Controversial Post: Super Man (Feb. 27, 2011)
Well, this isn't really controversial. I don't think I have a controversial post. Haha! Anyway, this poem is dedicated to my dearest, and I love that it got quite a lot of comments from readers. They loved it, too, and I think this is the post where I showed everyone how proud I am of my dearest, and how blessed I am to be with him.

This isn't the only entry that I think is the most helpful, but the entire Palawan Weekend series (Parts 1 to 5). It was my first time to blog about the beauty my country has to offer, and I think, whoever stumbles upon this series of entries will also appreciate and see how beautiful the Philippines is. And I hope this can help them be proud that they're Filipinos. And for non-Filipino readers, I hope this entry will open your eyes to the wonders of my country, and, if time and funds permit, will encourage you to come for a visit, if not for a long vacation. :)

A Post Whose Success Surprised Me: If I Were A Dancer (Jan. 30, 2011)
This is my second most popular post, according to my blog statistics. But that's not the only reason why for me, this is successful. The comments I got from my readers showed that they not only found this piece beautiful, but they also felt what I wrote. And for me, as a writer, that's the best part. :)

A Post I Feel Didn't Get the Attention It Deserved: Late Dinners (Nov. 22, 2010)
It's a poem I wrote, and it didn't get any comments. Huhu. Maybe I didn't do enough plugging? Haha! Anyway, maybe it was just a "dry week" when I posted it that's why it didn't get much attention. Thank goodness for this Seven Links Project, the poem gets a second chance. Hahaha!

The Post I Am Most Proud Of: Valentine's Series: Hearts (Feb. 1, 2011)
Like the entry I ranked as my most helpful post, this isn't the only piece I am most proud of, but all the poems in my Valentine's Series. From Feb. 1 to 14, I wrote acrostic poems from words that are love-related to celebrate Valentine's Day. That was a challenge, and I was so happy when I finished the series. I felt fulfilled. I enjoyed doing it, and it thrilled me that my readers read and left comments saying how much they loved it, too. Some even said they couldn't wait to see the rest of the series.

I am not tagging anyone to do this, but I am encouraging you, my fellow bloggers, to do this in your own blogs when you have the time. This is fun, and it's nice to look back on your old entries, reflect on what made you write them, and see them in a new light. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay! Thanks for doing the tag, Ms Katherine.. I'll be sure to check out the posts mentioned in this one. :)

    ReplyDelete