Ads by Nuffnang

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Real World

I was chatting with a good friend just moments ago about the so-called real world, which I'm a part of for almost seven months now. I was telling him that when I was still a student, it was as if my dreams were within my reach. I have a dream, I work hard for it, and it will come true.

But now,  in the real world, it's not just about working hard. It's like you're playing cards with life. You have your own cards. You know what you want to throw next. But life has its own cards as well. It has its own cards to throw, and those cards aren't always thrown in your favor. To which my friend replied, "[It's] not easy to actualize dreams." I nodded in agreement.

I know I still have a long way to go for my dreams to come true. But I'm full of hope that every step I take will be a step closer to making them come true.

3 comments:

  1. i like this piece of reflection, card game is fun, but if you have No jokers, then it is hard to win...

    thank you for the thoughtful reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of jokers, yeah, sometimes life plays a big joke on us, and we just learn to ride on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing is that a care game is a game, it does not cost our reputation or job to lose,
    and out of 54 cards, only 2 jokers, it is a honor to be or have a joker...

    it is fun to think about it and reflect it on us in general,
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete